Álvaro Siza on realizing his first U.S. building at 86


“I didn’t expect to have the opportunity to build in Manhattan,” said Mr. Siza, 86. “Now, at my age, I thought I had lost the opportunity. I was very happy to be invited and thought, ‘Well, let’s see if I still have energy for this project.’”



The NYT writes about the first project opportunity in the United States for and by Portuguese master architect, and 1992 Pritzker Prize winner, Álvaro Siza.

The slick 37-story residential tower at 611 West 56th Street is a joint venture between Sumaida + Khurana (the developers that also realized Tadao Ando's first New York City project at 152 Elizabeth Street) and LENY.

Alexander Walter via Archinect - News http://bit.ly/2PraJGC

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

2017 CMYK Color Swatch Calendar

Geo-Matrix Towers Span Across Oceans To Connect The Planet

Powerful Black Minimalist Tattoos